The Moravian-Silesian Research Library in Ostrava, in cooperation with Fraus Publishing, offers its readers the opportunity to borrow e-books. Especially professional literature is available. Flexibooks e-books can be read simultaneously on four devices.
List of Flexibooks books offered
You can search and order Flexibooks e-books directly in the catalogue (search can be limited to electronic books only). These e-books can be read on all Windows, Android and Apple iOS operating systems.
To rent Flexibooks e-books is necessary:
- Be a registered reader of our library. If you are not registered, you can remotely pre-register for e-books online.
- Register at www.flexibooks.cz under the same email address as you are registered in our library (you can find it in your reader account). Subsequently, a confirmation of the opening of the account with the activation link will be sent to your e-mail.
- Download Flexibooks to your device for free on Google Play and the Apple Store. For Windows readers and other guides, visit https://flexibooks.cz/jak-cist.
- Find the title you want in our catalogue (search can be limited to e-books), choose Request:
- You will see a list of available copies - e-books and any printed variations. The e-book has the status of E-book for loan. Select Request and borrow an eBook by pressing the Go button.
- Subsequently, an activation voucher will be sent to your e-mail, which must be confirmed and the "activate book" item selected.
- The loan period is 31 days, after which e-book is deleted from the application itself. You can then borrow the book again if needed.
- You can also borrow a maximum of 3 e-books.
- The service is free of charge.
Possibility of remote enrolment:
If you are only interested in lending e-books (eReading.cz and Flexibooks) and do not want to use other library services, fill in the pre-enrolment form in the catalogue (menu Login - Register) and send a service fee of CZK 100 to our account number 8322788001/5500 (enrolment for half a year) or CZK 200 (enrolment for 1 year). Enter 3333 as a variable symbol, write your name and surname in the recipient's note. We will contact you after receiving your payment. If you have any questions about lending e-books, please contact: email@example.com.