Main functions of the library system:
- current information about loan status of documents (whether the book is on loan or not and when it is due back)
- renewals of loans
- user accounts with information on loans, reservations, loans history, etc.
- comments on books
- preregistration of new users
- search in remote electronic sources (both licensed and free databases)
- it includes retrospective regional bibliographies - databases created by our library
- access point to digitized documents
- access point to the Union Catalogue of the Czech Republic, Uniform Information Gateway and Library of Congress
There are 2 possibilities how to search in the online catalogue:
- The browse search allows you to search the catalogue in alphabetical or numerical order, like a dictionary. Your search, if successful, will result in an alphabetical/numerical list. You can
then browse forward or backwards through that particular list or index.
- The search function enables you to find records by entering keywords or phrases. To perform any search, click on Search from the menu bar. There are five different search types available in web
OPAC: Basic, Multi-base, Multi-field, CCL and Advanced Search.
Online catalogue includes:
- all books and cartographic documents acquired and processed since 1971
- basis of book and map collections acquired before 1971 - especially entire ready reference collection, all regional literature, all books requested by our users
- all serials, sound recordings, audiovisual documents, music scores and electronic resources
The online catalogue is provisionally coupled with the scanned catalogue.
It contains records of books and cartographic documents acquired between 1900 and 1973. They are sorted alphabetically by authors.